The Legal Aid Society provides free advice, referrals, and assistance to Milwaukee County Residents 50 years of age and older in matters involving public benefits, health issues, advanced directives, and basic estate planning, including estate recovery.
Public Benefits and Health Care
This includes, but is not limited to, help with problems involving income maintenance and health care benefits in the following programs:
- Social Security
- Family Care / long term care
- Declaration to Physicians (Wisconsin Living Will)
- Power of Attorney for Health Care
- Power of Attorney for Finance and Property
Basic Estate Planning
- Simple wills
- Medicaid planning and estate recovery
Please contact Legal Aid or come to our intake hours to get help with these issues.